Available for: Standard, Pro, Admin, Owner
You can capture video in the Swivl app with or without a Swivl robot. However, if you intend to use a Swivl robot, you should record a video in the Swivl app.
2. Sign up or Sign in to your Swivl account.
3. Connect you mobile device to the robot and make sure that the connection is successful (Check the connection in the Robot tab).
4. Open Capture screen
5. Tap on the record button or press red record button on Swivl marker to start recording.
6. To stop recording, press the record button again.
Capture Screen icons:
The amount of the icons you see on your Capture Screen might differ. Enable or disable options you need in Capture Screen Action Bar section in the Settings tab. To find out more capture screen icons, check the articles about Swivl app for iOS or Android.
1. The Maximum recording time available is displayed in hh:mm:ss format. It is determined by the resolution (HD or SD) of the video and the available space on the device. You can modify the resolution of the video by going into the Settings.
2. Tap the "x" to go back to the Library tab.
Tips for capturing a video with a robot:
1. The Swivl Robot will track the Primary Marker while recording. Be sure to stay between 5 and 20 feet away from the Swivl base while holding the Primary Marker.
2. Tap the Robot &Marker icon at the top right corner to:
- ensure the robot-device connection is successful before start recording;
- make sure all of the markers are on and paired with the base, if you are going to use several markers for the video recording;
- adjust marker sensitivity to find out the best configuration for your recording environment;
- find brief setup instructions on how to connect your device to the robot if it is not connected yet.
Video Capture Features:
- Multi-Camera Options: Tap the Video icon on the capture screen to open the Multi-Camera recording menu. From here, you will access your join pin for other devices to join your Multi-Camera session or you can verify when other devices have joined successfully. For more information on Multi-Camera, visit our article.
- Marker Options: Tap the Marker icon on the capture screen to open the Marker menu. Change the volume at which audio is recorded from each marker by tapping each marker and adjusting the sliders. You can always verify which markers are turned on by opening the Marker menu. Markers that are turned on will be filled in with their marker color; if they are turned off, they will show black with only the outline of their marker color.
- Every time recording is started and then stopped, a new project will be created in the Swivl app Library.
Click to continue to the next article Uploading Your Video