The in-app Teams Settings control the functioning of the Swivl Robot, as well as the functionality of the app. Click to jump to a section:
- The Profile tab includes information about the Teams accounts currently open on the device. Here one can check the name, the team name, and the email address. Please pay attention to this information if you are using a shared device, to make sure you will record a video in your account.
- Account type: Displays the type of account you have.
- Sign out after 24 hours: By enabling this option, one can be automatically signed out from the account after 24 hours since the last visit.
- Go to my account on the web: allows switching to Swivl Teams directly from the app.
- Sign out: sign out from the account.
- App Version: Displays the version of the Teams app you are running.
- Swivl Robot: Displays the firmware version of the Swivl Robot you are running.
- Base: Displays the firmware version of the Swivl Base. If the robot is not connected, it will show "Not connected."
- Primary Marker: Displays the firmware version of the Swivl Primary Marker.
- Swivl Link: Displays the firmware version of the Swivl Link you are running, if connected. If Swivl Link is not connected, it will show "Not connected."
Secondary Markers Firmware:
- Displays the firmware version of the Swivl Secondary Markers.
(Only appears if the mobile device is connected to the robot and the robot is on.)
- Base port configuration: By default keep Automatic. Displays the version of the Teams app you are running. It is mostly used for Live streaming setups. If any setup issues, select To computer if connecting a USB A cable for Integrated Audio setup; use To Speakers if connecting speakers for Standalone setup or using Swivl Link for Integrated Audio Setup. If you are not doing any live streaming and simply recording with your Teams app and need classroom amplification for the Primary marker, select To speakers.
- Swivl Link: Displays the status of the Swivl Link connection: Not Connected/Wireless connection/Wirelessly connected/Microphone only
- Video quality: Click on this to change the recording video quality. Choose HD or SD. SD is sufficient for everyday recording and takes less time to upload and less storage space on your device. Swivl Teams has unlimited storage, so always choose "auto-delete" when recording in HD to remove the video from your device's storage.
- Max recording time: Displays how much time is available to record a session. This is always dependent on your device's internal storage limits.
- Rec button action: Click on this to choose the actions of the Record button sequence: Start/Stop or Start/Pause/Resume, detailed instructions can be found here
- Dim video while recording: On/Off switcher. If enabled, after you hit the Record button the Home screen will go black. It will record as usual but you will not be able to see anybody during the recording in your Teams app. Remember to enable this feature if you notice that your students get distracted seeing themselves on the Teams app during recording.
- Enable or disable Auto-uploading and Storage Saver. Auto-uploading means that all the videos recorded are automatically uploaded to your Swivl Teams Account. Storage Saver means that after being uploaded, the videos are deleted from the device and thus do not take up space.
- Upload over cellular: uses your device's data network if applicable. Do not require wifi to upload your video projects to Swivl Teams.
CAPTURE SCREEN BUTTONS
- Screencast: Add this quick-access button to your Home screen to display the Screencast setup menu.
- Multi-Camera: Add this quick-access button to your Home screen to display the Multi-Camera setup menu.
- Countdown timer: Add this quick-access button to your Home screen to display a countdown timer.
- Flip Camera: Add this quick-access button to your Home screen to easily decide whether you want to record with the front- or back-facing camera.
- Back button: Enabling this feature allows you to go a step back in the Teams app (e.g. Advanced settings - Settings).
- Charge Device with Streaming: Enabling charging of your Android device when in Integrated mode and the robot is plugged into power. (!Please note: This field will appear only once your mobile device is connected to the Swivl Robot)
- Region of Swivl Usage: This setting allows you to adjust which region you are in while using Swivl Solution. We recommend using the Automatic option.
- Audio configuration: Displays your current audio configuration. Can be changed between Classroom recording and Live Streaming.
- Multi-Marker Bookmarking: By default, only the Primary Marker can make bookmarks while recording. Enable this feature if you want all markers to make bookmarks.
- Tracking-pan: Manually enable or disable tracking from here.
- Auto-Tilt during Tracking: When this is enabled (blue), the Swivl Robot will track the Marker vertically, adjusting the angle up and down to keep the Marker centered in the video.
- Base battery health: Displays the battery charge on your Swivl Robot.
- Audio Route: Displays how the audio is being transmitted (Swivl Marker or Built-in Mic).
- Maximize markers sensitivity: When you launch a streaming app like Zoom from the Home Screen, we’ll configure the Markers so that their microphones are at maximum gain levels. This is useful in situations where the Markers are placed far away from people but you still want to pick up the audio. Toggle this setting on and off here.
- Marker Battery Health: Displays battery life for markers that are turned on.
- All: here you can find all the projects that were recorded with Swivl Solution on this device.
- Videos: displays all the videos that were recorded with the Teams app on this device whether or not they are stored locally.