RECORDING A DUAL- OR MULTI-CAMERA VIDEO
Recording a Dual-* or Multi-Camera* video requires an iOS device with the Swivl app and up to four additional devices (iOS, Android, or Chromebook) with the Swivl+ app.
*Dual-Camera = up to two recording devices, including the Primary Device. This feature is available for all *free* Swivl cloud subscribers.
*Multi-Camera = up to five recording devices, including the Primary device. This feature is available for Pro Plus subscribers only. Activate your Pro Plus trial today or learn more about upgrading here.
Preparing the Dual- or Multi-Camera session on the Swivl app:
- Open the Swivl app on the teacher’s device.
- Sign in to the app using your Swivl account credentials.
- Tap Capture in the Swivl app interface.
- Tap either the Dual- or Multi-Camera button at the bottom of the capture screen (Standard users will see “Dual-Camera” Pro Plus users will see “Multi-Camera”)
- The app will display the code that you will input on the other recording devices using the Swivl+ app, to join the session.
Joining the Session on the Swivl+ app:
- Open the Swivl+ app on your device or go to: plus.swivl.com if using a Chromebook
- Tap Join Session at the top of the screen.
- Enter the code displayed in the Swivl app and tap Join.
- As students join the session, the number of devices connected to the session will appear in at the bottom of the Swivl app capture screen.
Recording the Dual- or Multi-Camera Video:
- Tap the circular record button on the right side of the screen to initiate recording. If you are using a Swivl robot, you can also tap on the red button on the side of the Primary Marker.
- A countdown will begin on all recording devices. Once recording begins, all devices will capture both audio and video.
- When you are finished, tap the record button again and a timer will count down to the end of the recording.
- In order to access your Dual- or Multi-Camera project, you will need to upload all videos and log into your Swivl account in a browser. Watch a Multi-Camera video example here.
You can have any device you’d like to join a dual- or multi-camera session – even Chromebooks!