The 2020-2021 academic year has been tough and challenging for everyone, but before you grab your sunglasses and hat and head to the beach, make sure to get your Swivl Robot + Teams accounts in order.
- Make sure all the Markers, units and Swivl Link have updated firmware; this will ensure successful functioning of Swivl in the Fall
- Make sure all components (and Markers) are charged to 100%. Dock the Primary Marker in the Base and store it this way all summer long. If you have additional Markers, make sure they are also charged to 100% - use the marker charging cable. Avoiding 0% battery prolongs your hardware life cycle - see more details in this article
- In order not to lose any hardware accessories, keep everything labeled and organized in your Swivl kit. If you have created an inventory check out form or list at the beginning of an academic year, don't forget to track all the Robots and their components there.
- Lock the accounts of the people who will be leaving the district or organization or simply remove the accounts of anyone who may not be part of your program next year (removal will allow them to join other Teams in the future)
- Encourage users you plan to ‘remove’ (not ‘lock’) to change their account email to a personal email address so they don't lose access to their account in the future. In the event they lose their password, they will not be able to utilize traditional password recovery through their district email
- Create or Remove User Labels for the following school year if there are some changes expected in your school or department hierarchies
- Create or Remove Rubrics for the following school year if there are changes expected to your coaching program next year
- Review the allocation of Pro licenses* in your Team
*If you are not sure how many Pro licenses you will need next year, reference the differences between the types of the accounts. Then:
- make the necessary upgrades/downgrades
- contact sales to acquire more Pro licenses if necessary
- double-check the renewal date of your Team
- If you plan to leave your organization, discuss what should happen to your videos with your Team Administrator or Owner*
- If your Admin plans to ‘remove’ you from the Team (not ‘lock’), we recommend you change your account email to a personal email address so you can continue to have access to your account in the future. In the event you lose your password, you will not be able to utilize traditional password recovery through your old district email address.
- Complete coaching cycles and download project analytics with comments, rubrics, and speech analysis
- Organize your 2020-21 videos into Folders
- Share the videos into appropriate Groups
- Remember that if you haven't used your projects for a long time, they will be archived.
- If you want to enable your colleague to download, edit or share your video with others, try cloning videos to their libraries
*Here is how to find your Team Owner
And in case you have time and want to continue learning with us - our webinars will be running all summer long. Please join us!
Stay safe and enjoy your summer break!
~ Swivl Team