User Labels are optional but will help you identify and sort team members in your team table quickly and easily. They are only required if you plan to build in Rubrics for time-stamped commenting.
1. In the Setup tab, under User Labels, click the green Add New Label button on the upper right side of your screen
2. Type your User Label title and create it.
Now you're ready to apply these User Labels to your Team Members.
3. Go to the Team Members tab.
4. Select a Team Member by clicking the checkbox next to their name (or do this in bulk by selecting multiple team members' checkboxes).
5. A bulk actions menu will appear at the top. Choose one or multiple User Labels* from the User Labels sub-menu.
*If you ever experience an error trying to apply a User Label to a Team Member and it doesn't show up after you have clicked 'apply' there may be a conflict with that particular User Label and a Rubric that might be attached to it. A team member may only have one Rubric that applies to them. Since User Labels are also tied to Rubrics, you will have to be careful assigning multiple User Labels to certain Team Members to avoid conflict from any Rubrics that might be tied to those User Labels. For further explanation, please read our article on Creating Rubrics.
You will see that it is impossible to apply the second User Label "Grades K-8" to Elliot because he already has a User Label called "Instructional Coach" which is already tied to a Rubric.
Still need help? Just email us: firstname.lastname@example.org