The in-app Settings control the functioning of the Swivl Robot, as well as the functionality of the app. Click to jump to a section:
Downloading the Swivl Capture App
Download the Swivl Capture app in the AppStore.
Launching the Swivl Capture App
When you launch the Swivl Capture app on your iOS device for the first time, you will see the Login page. You can sign in to an already existing account using either one of the sign in options (sign in with email, Apple, Google, or SSO). If you don't have an account yet, you can create one by clicking on a Sign up button.
If you have not enabled a "Sign out after 24 hours" option, you will see the Home screen each time when you launch the Swivl Capture app. If you do not see streaming apps, your robot is not connected to your mobile device and you will not be able to live stream. Connect your mobile device to continue with live streaming.
When your mobile device is connected to the robot, you will see streaming apps. If you do not have the app downloaded, clicking on the app's logo will take you to the app store where you can download it.
After you open a streaming app once, the Swivl Capture app will remember your choice. To find other apps, tap on the button with three dots that says "Other Apps".
To record within the Swivl Capture app, tap the Record button. Your recorded video will appear in your Swivl Library after you have finished.
When you connect devices to your Robot/the Primary marker, an icon showing a Swivl Link, Headphones, Speakers, or a USB-A cable will appear on the Home screen*.
*Some of the accessories cannot be connected simultaneously (the picture above is a sample showing what they all look like) and you will see notifications with prompts on the Home Screen.
- The Profile tab includes information about the Reflectivity (Teams by Swivl) accounts currently open on the device. Here one can check and change the First name and Last name, the email address, the country, and the role. From this page, you can also change your password. Here you can also see check your Team name and your account type. Please pay attention to this information if you are using a shared device, to make sure you will record a video in your account.
- Add/Change profile picture: Tap the camera icon to take/choose/remove your photo. See the screenshot below:
- Account type: Displays the type of account you have.
- First name/Last Name:Displays the First and Last name of the account user. Tap the field to make the changes if needed.
- Email:Displays the email address associated with the account. Tap the field to make the changes if needed.
- Password:You can change your password here. Tap the field to make the changes if needed.
- Country:Displays the country you are in. Tap the field to see a drop-down menu and make the changes if needed.
- Role:Displays the role you have. Tap the field to see a drop-down menu and make the changes if needed.
- Sign out after 24 hours: By enabling this option, one can be automatically signed out from the account after 24 hours since the last visit.
- Sign out: sign out from the account.
- Sign out from other devices: allows you to sign out from other devices, but keeps you logged in on the current device.
- Delete account: Please be informed, that it is possible to delete your account by clicking on the “Delete account”.
Please note, if you choose to delete your account, this cannot be undone. Please download any videos you wish to keep prior to deleting your account as we will not be able to recover any content once your account is deleted.
For C Series and CX models, the difference in this menu is only in the Swivl Robot versions (the section About Swivl).
- App Version: Displays the version of the Swivl Capture app you are running.
- Swivl Robot: Displays the firmware version of the Swivl Robot you are running. If the robot is not connected, it will show "Not connected."
- Base: Displays the firmware version of the Swivl Base.
- Primary Marker: Displays the firmware version of the Swivl Primary Marker.
- Swivl Link: Displays the firmware version of the Swivl Link you are running, if connected. If Swivl Link is not connected, will show "Not connected."
- Secondary Markers: Displays the firmware version of the Swivl Secondary Markers.
- Base port configuration: By default keep Automatic. Displays the version of the Swivl Capture app you are running. It is mostly used for live streaming setups. If any setup issues, select To computer if connecting a USB A cable for Integrated Audio setup; use To Speakers if connecting speakers for Standalone setup or using Swivl Link for Integrated Audio Setup. If you are not doing any live streaming and simply recording with your Swivl Capture app and need classroom amplification for the Primary marker, select To speakers.
- Swivl Link Mode: Displays the status of the Swivl link connection: Not Connected/Wireless connection/Wirelessly connected/Microphone only
Maximize Marker Sensitivity: 1. Connect your mobile device to the Swivl Robot.
2. Turn on the robot and the marker, open the Swivl Capture app (Robot Tab).
3. Tap on the marker to adjust the volume.
Before trying to lower the volume on your secondary markers make sure that "Maximize Marker Sensitivity" is disabled.
Please note that Maximize marker sensitivity feature will be turned off by default.
For live-streaming, you can maximize all Secondary Markers sensitivity simultaneously in the Swivl Capture app Settings. On iOS app this feature is disabled by default.
- Enter video title before recording starts: Choose whether you want to name the video before recording.
- Video quality: Choose HD or SD. SD is sufficient for everyday recording and takes less time to upload and less storage space on your device.
- Max recording time: Displays how much time is available to record. This is always dependent on your device's internal storage limits.
- Dim video while recording: On/Off switcher. If enabled, after you hit Record button the Home screen will go black. It will record as usual but you will not be able to see anybody during the recording in your Swivl Capture app. Remember to enable this feature if you notice that your students get distracted seeing themselves on the Swivl Capture app during recording.
- Enable or disable Auto-uploading and Storage Saver. Auto-uploading means that all the videos recorded are automatically uploaded to your Reflectivity (Teams by Swivl) Account. Storage Saver means that after being uploaded, the videos are deleted from the mobile device and thus do not take space.
- Upload over cellular: uses your device's data network if applicable. Do not require wifi to upload your videos to Reflectivity (Teams by Swivl).
CAPTURE SCREEN ACTION BAR
- Screencast: Add this quick-access button to your Home screen to display the Screencast setup menu.
- Multi-Camera: Add this quick-access button to your Home screen to display the Multi-Camera setup menu.
- Countdown timer: Add this quick-access button to your Home screen to display a countdown timer.
- Switch camera: Add this quick-access button to your Home screen to easily decide whether you want to record with the front- or back-facing camera.
- Auto-Exposure: if enabled, it adjusts the exposure automatically.
- Region of Swivl usage: allows selecting your region.
- Multi-Marker Bookmarking: by default, only the Primary marker can make bookmarks while recording. Enable this feature if you want all markers to make bookmarks.
- Audio configuration: Displays your current audio configuration.
The Stream Menu shows the following settings:
The Record Menu shows the following settings:
- Tracking: Manually enable or disable tracking from here.
- Auto-Tilt during Tracking: When this is enabled (green), the Swivl Robot will track the Marker vertically, adjusting the angle up and down to keep the Marker centered in the video.
- Tilt Correction (Experimental): Detects faces and adjusts the tilt automatically to ensure you remain in the frame. May consume additional battery life.
- Base battery: Displays the battery charge on your Swivl Robot.
- Marker record button: Choose the function of the recording button on the side of the Primary Marker. You can enable Pause by clicking on it:
The detailed instructions can be found here
- Marker battery saver mode - this feature enables to save battery of the marker while it's being used. It can be enabled for live streaming, recording or both.
- Swivl.com/setup: lead you to our support site where you can find the information or contact support representatives.
- Check network: quick test to check the network services. It is used when you experience some issues with uploading the video, please find the details here in the section 'Uploading Troubleshooting'.
- Troubleshooting: here you can find some useful troubleshooting steps.
+ Import: you can upload a video file from the Camera Roll on the device to your Reflectivity (Teams by Swivl) account.
- All: here you can find all the videos that were recorded with Swivl on this device.
- Videos: displays all the videos that were recorded with the Swivl Capture app on this device whether or not they are stored locally.