If you need to amplify your teacher's audio while recording with Swivl app, you can do so using either one of Swivl's amplified audio setups.
- Broadcast remote student audio using AC powered speakers + adapter (check options here) or other speakers connected to the Swivl base** .
This setup works if you would like to record video using your Swivl app and simultaneously amplify the Primary Marker.
To do so you need to have your Swivl connected to a compatible mobile device and AC-powered speakers with a USB adapter in Classroom Audio mode:
go to Swivl app > Advanced Settings > Audio Configuration > Classroom Audio
If you need to amplify the presenter’s voice in a large room while recording with Swivl app and have no AC speakers, or for any other reasons want to use a smartboard/PC/Windows Laptop, follow the steps below.
Laptop or Desktop Computer
20ft USB A to USB A Cable
(Recommended: 20ft Cable from Amazon)
NOTE: Cables that include software and run the software automatically will NOT work with Swivl (e.g. BestBuy Cable)
Also note - USB C to USB A cable won't work, you'll need to use USB-C to USB-A adapter + USB-A to USB-A cable
A Projector, Interactive Display (such as a SMART Board), Promethean Board, or other speaker systems in the classroom
WARNING: do not attempt to connect any cables between the robot base and your speaker system prior to confirming the latest firmware update on the Swivl Base. Failure to complete this may result in irreversible damage to either your device and/or the Swivl base.
1. Connect your mobile device to the robot as usual
2. Make sure your firmware is up to date: 10.04.08.
If it's lower than 10.04.08 update the firmware to the latest version. Reference the instructions here.
3. Finally, connect a USB-A to USB-A cable from the back of the Swivl to the PC/Interactive Display/Laptop/Chromebook's USB port. Recommended cable length is up to 20ft.
if the cable is over 20ft you will need to use a repeater. Please note that since the cable with repeater is an extension, you will also need to purchase a short (3ft) USB-A to USB-A cable to go along with it. See our recommendations
4. After the successful setup, you can hear audio from all Swivl markers from the USB connected Interactive Display/PC/Laptop/Chromebook.
In this case Swivl works as an external microphone for Interactive Display/Laptop/PC/Chromebook and transmits Swivl Primary marker connected.
(If the Computer does not recognize Swivl as a microphone option, follow these instructions)