*Note that any links to external vendors do not represent an endorsement of any particular product or brand. The links in this article are merely suggestions for compatible accessories. Swivl is not affiliated with any products or brands and your purchase of one or more of our recommendations does not yield any monetary benefit for Swivl.
Hybrid Learning Audio Accessory Recommendation
Earbud with Microphone to use for Traditional Audio Setup
- Example of earbud with microphone that will work for Traditional Setup
You don't need a particular brand, as long as it has a microphone.
AC Powered Speakers and Adapter Recommendation for Standalone Setup
- AC powered speakers option 1
- AC powered speakers option 2
- AC powered speakers option 3
- AUX to USB adapter option 1
- AUX to USB adapter option 2
Swivl Link to use with Integrated Audio Setup
Wireless adapter to connect Swivl Robot and a computer so that you can collect and broadcast audio through your classroom speaker system connected to your computer.
Swivl Link replaces USB-A to USB-A cable.
for Windows PCs Integrated mode/Link will work only on Windows 10. For older versions like Windows 7/8/Vista we cannot guarantee that it will work
USB A to USB A Cable (3.0) to use with Integrated Audio Setup
We have tested the following cables and have found they are compatible with Integrated Audio Setup. If you will be purchasing a different cable, please match the specs to the recommended cables below.
*For most classrooms, we recommend a 15 ft cable for greater flexibility in placement of Swivl Robot. (We used to recommend a 20 foot cable, which has worked for most customers. However, we have changed our recommendation to 15 ft cable.)
If your classroom setup requires more than 15 feet between the PC/Laptop and Swivl Robot, please use a combination of a USB repeater plus a USB A to USB A cable of 6 ft or less (see below), or consider using our wireless option, Swivl Link.
- Cable Option 1: 15 ft
- Cable Option 2: 15 ft
- 10ft (Note: This cable will work, but we recommend using a 15 ft cable for flexibility in placing Swivl around the classroom.)
- 6ft (Note: This cable will work, but we recommend using a 15 ft cable for flexibility in placing Swivl around the classroom.)
- USB repeater extension cable for extra distance plus a USB A to USB A cable of 6 ft or less
*If USB repeater is used, please connect it directly to the PC, not the Swivl.
for Windows PCs Integrated mode/Link will work only on Windows 10. For older versions like Windows 7/8/Vista we cannot guarantee that it will work.
DO NOT use a universal file transfer cable for Integrated Audio Setup. Cables that include software and run the software automatically will not work with Swivl.
For example, this cable with built-in software will not work with Swivl:
Also note - If you use a computer with a Type-C port, you will still need to start with a USB-A to USB-A cable and use a USB-C to USB-A adapter or USB hub:
Protecting Mobile Devices While Using Swivl
There are following options to make sure that your mobile device fits firmly into the robot:
- select the shim that fits the best
- if you want to use the mobile device in a case, then use a mount anything kit
Recommendations for a case:
- the case you would like to use for your device should meet the following requirements:
- to be no wider than 0.5 inches
- to be ultra-slim and have a hardcover
iPad/Tablet Case - Option 1 - Fits with Shim A in the Swivl kit
*see letter printed on bottom of shim
iPad/Tablet Case - Option 2 - Fits with Shim C in the Swivl kit
*see letter printed on bottom of shim
Carrying bags for the Floor Stand
The dimensions of the floor stand are the following:
- 34" Length -87 cm
- 4" Width - 11 cm
- 4" Depth - 11 cm
The links below are examples of carrying bags that are compatible with carrying our floor stands.
Click to continue to the next article - Inventory Management