Click to jump to a section:
Launching the Teams App
When you launch the Teams app on your iOS device, you will see the Home screen. If you do not see streaming apps, your robot is not connected to your mobile device and you will not be able to live stream. Connect your mobile device to continue with live streaming.
When your mobile device is connected to the robot, you will see streaming apps. If you do not have the app downloaded, clicking on the app's logo will take you to the app store where you can download it.
After you open a streaming app once, the Teams app will remember your choice. To find other apps, tap on the button with three dots that says "Other Apps".
To record without live streaming within the Teams app, tap the Record button. Your recorded video will appear in your Swivl Library after you have finished.
When you connect devices to your Robot/the Primary marker, an icon showing a Swivl Link, Headphones, Speakers, or a USB-A cable will appear on the Home screen*.
*Some of the accessories cannot be connected simultaneously (the picture above is a sample showing what they all look like) and you will see notifications with prompts on the Home Screen.
- The Profile tab includes information about the Teams accounts currently open on the device. Here one can check the name, the team name, and the email address. Please pay attention to this information if you are using a shared device, to make sure you will record a video in your account.
- Account type: Displays the type of account you have.
- Sign out after 24 hours: By enabling this option, one can be automatically signed out from the account after 24 hours since the last visit.
- Multi-camera day pass: you can purchase access to the Multi-camera feature for 24 hours for 0.99 USD
- Go to my account on the web: allows switching to Swivl Teams directly from the app.
- Sign out: sign out from the account.
For C Series and CX models, the difference in this menu is only in the Swivl Robot versions (the section About Swivl).
- App Version: Displays the version of the Teams app you are running.
- Swivl Robot: Displays the firmware version of the Swivl Robot you are running. If the robot is not connected, it will show "Not connected."
- Base: Displays the firmware version of the Swivl Base.
- Primary Marker: Displays the firmware version of the Swivl Primary Marker.
- Swivl Link: Displays the firmware version of the Swivl Link you are running, if connected. If Swivl Link is not connected, will show "Not connected."
- Secondary Markers: Displays the firmware version of the Swivl Secondary Markers.
- Base port configuration: By default keep Automatic. Displays the version of the Teams by Swivl app you are running. It is mostly used for live streaming setups. If any setup issues, select To computer if connecting a USB A cable for Integrated Audio setup; use To Speakers if connecting speakers for Standalone setup or using Swivl Link for Integrated Audio Setup. If you are not doing any live streaming and simply recording with your Teams app and need classroom amplification for the Primary marker, select To speakers.
- Swivl Link Mode: Displays the status of the Swivl link connection: Not Connected/Wireless connection/Wirelessly connected/Microphone only
- Maximize markers sensitivity: When you launch a streaming app like Zoom from the Home Screen, we’ll configure the Secondary Markers so that their microphones are at maximum gain levels. This is useful in situations where the markers are placed far away from people but you still want to pick up the audio. Toggle this setting on and off here.
Before trying to lower the volume on your secondary markers make sure to un-toggle "Maximize Marker Sensitivity".
- Video quality: Choose HD or SD. SD is sufficient for everyday recording and takes less time to upload and less storage space on your device. Swivl Teams has unlimited storage, so always choose "auto-delete" when recording in HD to remove the video from your device's storage.
- Max recording time: Displays how much time is available to record a session. This is always dependent on your device's internal storage limits.
- Dim video while recording: On/Off switcher. If enabled, after you hit Record button the Home screen will go black. It will record as usual but you will not be able to see anybody during the recording in your Teams app. Remember to enable this feature if you notice that your students get distracted seeing themselves on the Teams app during recording.
- Enable or disable Auto-uploading and Storage Saver. Auto-uploading means that all the videos recorded are automatically uploaded to your Swivl Teams Account. Storage Saver means that after being uploaded, the videos are deleted from the device and thus do not take space.
- Upload over cellular: uses your device's data network if applicable. Do not require wifi to upload your video projects to Swivl Teams.
CAPTURE SCREEN ACTION BAR
- Screencast: Add this quick-access button to your Home screen to display the Screencast setup menu.
- Multi-Camera: Add this quick-access button to your Home screen to display the Multi-Camera setup menu.
- Countdown timer: Add this quick-access button to your Home screen to display a countdown timer.
- Flip Camera: Add this quick-access button to your Home screen to easily decide whether you want to record with the front- or back-facing camera.
- Auto-Exposure: if enabled, it adjusts the exposure automatically.
- Region of Swivl usage: allows selecting your region.
- Multi-Marker Bookmarking: by default, only the Primary marker can make bookmarks while recording. Enable this feature if you want all markers to make bookmarks.
- Audio configuration: Displays your current audio configuration.
The Stream Menu shows the following settings:
The Record Menu shows the following settings:
- Tracking: Manually enable or disable tracking from here.
- Auto-Tilt during Tracking: When this is enabled (green), the Swivl Robot will track the Marker vertically, adjusting the angle up and down to keep the Marker centered in the video.
- Tilt Correction (Experimental): Detects faces and adjusts the tilt automatically to ensure you remain in the frame. May consume additional battery life.
- Base battery: Displays the battery charge on your Swivl Robot.
- Marker record button: Choose the function of the recording button on the side of the Primary Marker. You can enable Pause by clicking on it:
The detailed instructions can be found here
- Swivl.com/setup: lead you to our support site where you can find the information or contact support representatives.
- Check network: quick test to check the network services.
- Troubleshooting: here you can find some useful troubleshooting steps.
+ Import: you can upload a video file from the Camera Roll on the device to your Swivl Teams account.
- All: here you can find all the projects that were recorded with Swivl Solution on this device.
- Videos: displays all the videos that were recorded with the Teams app on this device whether or not they are stored locally.