Multi marker recording offers you:
- Playback and listen to the audio tracks independently on Reflectivity (Teams) web platform at https://cloud.swivl.com/videos/private.
- Listen to Secondary Markers during recording: While you're recording your multi-marker video, you can also listen to the Secondary Markers by plugging in a set of earbuds to the Primary marker. More details here.
- In-ear coaching: Simply connect a set of earbuds to the Primary Marker for one on one conversations (through the right earbud only).
To record a multi-marker video:
1. Connect your Robot to a mobile device using white cable for iOS devices and a black one for Android devices:
2. Turn on the Robot and the Markers, open the Swivl Capture app (Robot Tab), and make sure that all Markers you are about to use are paired, charged, and displayed in the Swivl Capture app.
3. If some of the markers are missing, please pair them. You can find more information here: Pairing Additional Markers.
4. After all Markers are successfully paired, you can distribute them among the participants and start capturing a video.
The Swivl Base follows only the Primary Marker. Secondary Markers only pick up the audio. If you want to pass off tracking from the Primary Marker to one of the Secondary Markers, click to continue to the next article Primary and Secondary Markers - toggle Marker Tracking Handoff.
If you are in the middle of recording a Multi-marker video in your classroom, you can easily switch between groups/students, to observe the progress.
To switch between the Secondary Markers, please do the following:
- Connect headphones to the Primary Marker;
- Press left and right arrows on the Marker to switch between Secondary Markers;
- Press up and down arrows to control volume in your earphones.
5. When you have finished recording, you can edit the title, set intention, choose a thumbnail. It is essential to upload the video to Reflectivity (Teams by Swivl) web platform to be able to play it back, store, and collaborate in future. Make sure that you have a stable Wi-Fi connection for the video to be successfully uploaded.
After you uploaded the multi-marker video on Reflectivity (Teams by Swivl) web platform, you can switch between the markers to listen to each student/group of students. To do so, please:
1. Open Library Tab and choose the multi-marker video.
2. Click on the 'Play' button. While the video is playing back, click on the marker icon and switch between the markers.
For multi-marker playback we recommend using Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge.
It is possible to download either the video with all markers merged into a single audio track, or each marker audio track separately without the video.
If you are a Team Member and you cannot see the option "Download" enabled, please reach out to your Team Admin to make sure it is enabled for your Team.
Please see more information on downloading videos in this article.
Available for a Team only
Speech Analysis feature indicates the activity of each Marker’s audio track to help you understand and analyze the breakdown between teacher and student talk time in the classroom.
To see it, do the following:
- open a multi-marker video
- click on three dots
- select Speech Analysis
The doughnut chart shows the time length of each marker used for recording.
You can see a percentage of each marker used below each marker icon.
There is also a percentage indicator of silence throughout recording.
Please note availability of Speech analysis for the following videos:
Type of Video Video: Speech Analysis Availability: Multi-Marker Video ✔ Merged Video X Trimmed Video X
Article is closed for comments.