*some features described in this article require Pro and can be enabled by Team Admin only. Please read carefully and double-check with your Team Admin if necessary.
Downloading Projects from Swivl Teams:
If you are uploading your videos from the Swivl app to your Swivl account, you can export them to be downloaded as mp4 video files to your computer. The step-by-step process to do this is described below.
- Open a video from your Library
- Click on the three dots at the top right hand corner of the menu
- Select ' Download' from the dropdown menu and click on the download button in the pop-up. After you click the file name or the icon next to it the download should begin immediately, and the mp4 file will populate in your Downloads folder (or whichever folder you designated)
- If your video contains slides or an outline, first read instructions about Producing your Videos for Export*
*If you captured a Multi Camera projects, you can download separate videos. If you have captured a video using a C Series Robot with 2 or more markers, the audio tracks (which can be listened to individually on Swivl Teams) will be merged together into a single audio track when downloaded. To download those tracks separately, upgrade to Pro or activate your trial.
Downloading Projects from your Swivl app via iTunes (iOS only):
Make sure you upgrade your macOS or iTunes program before starting this process - see more details here
If you want to pull your video files directly off your iOS device to your computer, without uploading them to Swivl, you can do so through iTunes as described below.
- Plug your iOS device into your computer using a Lightning to USB cable.
- Open iTunes and click on your device in the top menu
- Click File Sharing and scroll through the list of apps to find the Swivl app.
- Click Swivl app icon to access your Swivl app files. On the right you will see a list of documents stored within the app, most will be .mov video files. Select the ones you want to keep.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save…, select the folder where you want your videos to reside, and click Save.
Via Android Device & USB Cable:
If you want to save your video files directly from your Android device to your computer, without uploading them to Swivl, you can do so by plugging your device into a USB port as follows.
- Plug your Android device into your computer using a USB cable.
- Open the device storage in File Explorer (PC) or the Finder (Mac).
- If you are using a Mac, you may need to download software to allow you to access the device storage.
- Follow the file path: Android > data > com.swivl.android > files > Movies
- Drag the video file you want to the folder on your computer that you would like to save it to.