Available for: Team Admin, Owner
A Team Owner or Admin may perform the following actions on any Team Member:
Assign a new Team Owner (only available for the current Team Owner)
Remove, Lock, Unlock:
Removing is useful when you simply want to remove an account from your team. The user will still have access to their Swivl Teams account with no affiliation to your team whatsoever.
What happens to their videos?
- All videos uploaded up until the point they are excluded remain in the Team Admin portal under "Videos" in the Videos Tab (you do have the option of removing all video content by that user when you select Remove)
- If the removed user continues to use Swivl Teams, they will still have access to all of the videos they created; therefore, it is important to remember that:
- If the removed user shared any of their videos whilst a Team Member to a Team Group or otherwise via Direct Share and then they delete these videos from their library, the recipient(s) will also lose access to those videos in their Feed
- Utilizing the Remove feature frees up the license previously associated with that person, which you can now allocate to a new Team Member.
When users leave your organization and you need to keep their videos but do not wish for them to gain access to their account, you should Lock the user.
You can Unlock the user at any time if they rejoin your organization.
To Remove or Lock/Unlock:
1. Go to the Team members tab
2. Click the checkbox next to the user's name (or select multiple users).
3. Click on three dots in the column 'Action'.
4. Select the action you want to do.
Assign a new Team Owner
Current Team Owner can assign a new Team Owner for the Team, but this Team Member must already be a Team Admin (you can upgrade a Team Member to Admin first)
1. Go to the Team members tab.
2. Click on three dots in the column 'Action'
3. Select 'Make Team Owner'
Continue to read - Setting up Security Preferences for your Team