Swivl Robot is only compatible with iOS and Android devices.
As of today ChromeOS, FireOS, Windows-based tablets (like the Surface Pro), and other tablets are not supported.
Currently only CX models are available for sale
1. Download the latest version of the Teams by Swivl app for iOS on the Apple store for your device.
Check the most recent Teams by Swivl versions in our article Product Updates
2. Use iOS device running iOS 11.x through iOS 14.x - lightning or Type C connector devices only
- iPhone 5s and newer;
iPad Pro (1st gen, 2015) and newer;
iPad Air (1st gen, 2013) and newer;
iPad (5th gen, 2017) and newer;
iPad mini 2 and newer;
iPod touch (6th gen, 2015) and newer.
3. Use the white lightning cable provided in your C Series kit to connect to your Swivl robot:
4a. C-Series: For Type C iOS devices you will need to use Swivl Android cable or micro-USB to micro-USB cable and a special USB Type C adapter with OTG support to ensure full data transmission to/from the robot.
4b. CX includes a USB Type C cable for Type C iOS devices.
Click to continue to the next article - Capturing video
- iPhone 5s and newer;
- CX models and C Series robots have slight differences in Android compatibility - click below to get more details.
2. Use Type C devices running Android 9 or 10.
We recommend using Samsung Tab S5e or Samsung Tab S6 (not Samsung Tab S6 Lite, however) as they support all features Swivl Solution has to offer.
3. Use the Swivl Type C to Type C cable that comes with your Swivl kit.
We are aiming to achieve full feature parity with our iOS app in terms of functionality and user interface; however, a few limitations still persist in the Android environment. Please take note of the following:
- There is no option to save your video to the app gallery (video will still be accessible in file explorer).
- Tilt Correction setting is not available for Android.
While Samsung devices are popular, we only recommend using Samsung Tab S5e or Samsung Tab S6 (NOT Samsung Tab S6 Lite) as they support all features Swivl Solution has to offer.
2. Use devices running Android 8 or 9 or 10. In general, we find that most Android devices with Android 6.x, 7.x, 8.x, or 9.x OS when released work correctly, and also half of the devices we have tested with Android 5.x do not work correctly so please check with us first if you have questions. We only recommend using Samsung Tab S5e or Samsung Tab S6.
3. Use the Swivl micro USB to micro USB cable that comes with your Swivl kit - make sure to inform your Account Manager that you plan to use an Android device.
4. For Type C Android devices you will need a special USB Type C adapter with OTG support to ensure full data transmission to/from the robot.
If it is not included in your older Swivl kit, our online store offers a compatible adapter we have already tested:
Android Teams app has a couple of limitations if compared to iOS Teams app as for today:
- there is no option to save your video to the app gallery (video will still be accessible in file explorer)
- Tilt Correction setting is not available for Android so far
Please take note of the Samsung tablet limitation:
We only recommend using Samsung Tab S5e or Samsung Tab S6 for all three live stream audio setups.