Available for: Standard, Pro, Team Admin, Team Owner
There are three different ways to view your video projects in Teams by Swivl: Sessions mode, Feedback mode, and View only mode. These options offer different experiences for yourself and anyone you choose to share your video projects with.
Sessions mode gives you the framework for a complete coaching or self-reflection session, including the ability to set an intention, leave feedback through time-stamped comments, and end with a summary. Feedback mode focuses on viewing your video project and leaving time-stamped comments. View only mode disables the viewer from leaving new comments.
Read more about how you can use Sessions mode on our blog, and learn more about switching between and using each viewing mode below.
For users who are interested in the most complete video observation experience, use the Sessions mode. This mode presents you with a step by step series for delivering better feedback on videos. Set intention, deliver Feedback, and post a Summary.
Sessions, step by step:
1. You can select the Sessions mode and set intention in Teams by Swivl app after you have finished recording:
Or, you can switch to the Sessions mode and set Intention in Teams by Swivl Library when you log in https://cloud.swivl.com/login
Define your "look fors" not only for yourself but for your feedback partners. Important questions to ask yourself when setting an Intention for your video:
- What do you hope to accomplish in this video?
- Where do you want your viewers to focus so they know how to reflect, question, and comment throughout your video?
- Provide Feedback:
- Time-stamped commenting
Summarize your learnings and flesh out next steps. Answer questions like:
- Did you meet the Intention you set?
- If not, what will you do differently next time?
- What are your next steps from here and how will you use what you learned in this video to impact other areas of your instruction going forward?
Recommended sharing methods: Direct or Group. Weblink sharing is not ideal for Sessions Mode because the viewer will not be able to see your Intention and Summary.
The second viewing mode is Feedback mode which allows you and your viewers to watch your video in wide screen and leave the feedback:
You can select Feedback Mode and set intention in Teams by Swivl app after you have finished recording or in your Teams by Swivl Library when you log in https://cloud.swivl.com/login:
You can read more about types of Feedback in our article.
Recommended Sharing methods: Direct or Group
The third viewing mode is View Only mode which is the best option for sharing videos with students and parents. You may post your own comments, but viewers cannot post comments on your video. Recommended Sharing methods: Weblink or Embed.
You can select View Only Mode in Teams by Swivl app after you have finished recording or in your Teams by Swivl Library:
Or in your Teams by Swivl Library when you log in https://cloud.swivl.com/login
- Sessions are a place for collaboration. All participants who have access to the video in Sessions mode will also see your intention, feedback, and summary. The only exception to this is if you share your video project via weblink. Sessions mode is not visible from weblink shares.
- Direct and Group Sharing are the preferred methods of Sharing. Weblink access does not allow for recipients to leave comments. Embedding a video creates an HTML code that can be pasted in your LMS, webpage, or blog. This option is best reserved for videos that do not require collaboration, as embedded videos do not include time-stamped comments.
- You may want to use the same recording for different purposes. For example, you may want to share a recorded lesson with your students, but also with a colleague. To keep your students from viewing comments you and your colleague create, we recommend duplicating your project. This allows you to have separate versions of the same video which can be shared with different audiences.
How to duplicate a project: