Available for a Team only
Educators constantly reflect while working to improve their practice. Sessions is a tool that gives educators a space to turn that reflection into routines that drive transformative growth.
What are Sessions?
Session = Goal + Reflection
A Session begins when an educator sets a goal at the beginning of the week. The educator then takes action and works towards reaching that goal. At the end of the week, they are prompted to reflect on their learnings.
After reflecting, the educator has the option to share their Session with a Team Member to receive feedback.
Video can be added as evidence of strategies applied.
How to Complete a Session: Step by Step
1. Log in to the Teams by Swivl web platform at cloud.swivl.com and select Sessions from the menu on the left. Your Session will be stored in Private Sessions tab or in Shared Sessions tab in case you shared it with someone previously.
2. Click “Get Started” on the top right hand corner and set your goal.
If you aren’t sure where to start with setting your goal, think about what you want to accomplish during the week, how it impacts student learning, and how you will know if you have progressed.
3. Take Action! During the week, work towards achieving your goal.
4. At the end of the week, log in to cloud.swivl.com. Next, navigate to Sessions and click Continue on the top of the screen.
5. From this page, you can choose to add video evidence of a key moment that documents the work you have done during the week. You can skip this optional step by clicking the arrow on the right to start reflecting.
6. Reflect on your learning and plan your next steps.
If you aren’t sure where to start with your reflection, think about the strategies you used to reach your goal. What worked, and what would you do differently next time?
After writing your reflection, press “End” to complete your Session.
7. Your Session is now complete! From here, you can choose to share your Session with a Team Member for feedback, or add video evidence if you have not already done so.
8. If you share your Session with a Team Member and they leave feedback for you, you will see a notification in the Suggestions menu on the top of the page.
How to Leave Feedback When a Session is Shared With You
Please review their Goal and Reflection and offer feedback, praise, advice, or jot down some next steps on their Reflection page. If their Session contains optional video evidence, don’t forget to annotate the video using Time Stamped Comments and Bookmarks.
Who Can View My Session?
Your Goal and Reflection are entirely private to you until you choose to share your Session with a Team Member.