In order to ensure that Swivl hardware and software products work correctly on your Wi-Fi network, the following domains and ports must be allowed to pass through your internet firewalls, content filters, or spam filters.
- swivl.com: 80 and 443 ports
- cloud.swivl.com: 80 and 443 ports (primary website for Swivl Cloud)
- *.swivl.com: 80 and 443 ports
- *.s3.amazonaws.com: 80 and 443 ports (Swivl hosting service on Amazon AWS)
- *.s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com: 80 and 443 ports
- *.s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com: 80 and 443 ports
- *.s3-ca-central-1.amazonaws.com: 80 and 443 ports
- *.s3-eu-west-2.amazonaws.com: 80 and 443 ports
- *.googleapis.com: 80 and 443 ports (Service for supporting Google Login)
- *.cloudfront.net: 80 and 443 ports (Video delivery, part of Amazon)
- *.pubnub.com: 80 and 443 ports (Message passing between app and our cloud)
- *.opentok.com: TCP 80, TCP 443, UDP 3478 (Service used for real time video)
- *.pool.ntp.org: UDP 123 (Service used for time synchronization)
- ps.pndsn.com: 80 and 443 ports
- pubsub.pubnub.com: 80 and 443 ports
- pubsub.pubnub.net: 80 and 443 ports
- pndsn.com: 80 and 443 ports
- *.segment.com: 80 and 443 ports (Analytics collection app and cloud usage)
- api.segment.io: 80 and 443 ports (Analytics collection app and cloud usage)
- *.rollbar.com: 80 and 443 ports (Reports internal app errors)
- *.crashlytics.com: 80 and 443 ports (Reports crashes and data for us to debug our app)
- *.hockeyapp.net: 80 and 443 ports (Reports crashes and data for us to debug our app)
- *.google-analytics.com: 80 and 443 ports (Collection of cumulative analytics to improve software)
In order to complete the signup process for Swivl or to reset your Swivl password, you do need to verify your email account. This is done by clicking the link in an email you should receive shortly after signing up.
If you find you are not receiving the email to activate your account or change your password, first check your Spam or Junk folder in your email client for the message.
If the email is not in one of those folders, your school or district email server may be filtering out Swivl’s emails. In order to receive them to activate your account and to receive Swivl cloud notifications in the future, you will need to provide the following email addresses to your IT/Network Department to be whitelisted.
Email addresses to whitelist:
If you still have issues with the Swivl app or Swivl cloud usage, please contact us at email@example.com