Available for: Standard, Pro, Admin, Owner
On Swivl Teams, you can only trim out portions of a single video file (Screen Recorded projects, Dual- or Multi-Camera projects, and projects with slides cannot be trimmed).
Trimming the beginning or end of the project
To trim a video, follow the steps:
1. In your Library, click on the video you want to trim, click on the 'Edit' button in the top right corner and select 'Edit Video' from the dropdown menu.
2. Click on the 'Trim' button to enable the feature.
Drag the white sliders to select the area you need and click on 'Apply trim' (The yellow part of the video between the sliders will be kept):
3. Save the trimmed video to your Library.
The original video file will remain in your Swivl Teams Library. Trimming saves a new video file that does not impact the original video.
Cutting a segment in the middle of the project
To edit a midsection of the video, you can use the 'Cut' feature.
1. Click on the 'Edit Video' button to enable it;
2. Move the sliders to choose the section you need to cut out of the project (The pink part will be removed);
3. Save the edited video to your Library.
The original video file will remain in your Swivl Teams Library. Cutting saves a new video file that does not impact the original video.
Select a thumbnail of a project
By selecting a thumbnail you can choose how your video appears to others when it is shared. To do it, follow the steps below:
1. Make sure to trim/cut your project before selecting a video thumbnail.
2. Open the project you where you need to change a thumbnail and click on the 'Edit' button.
3. Select "Edit Video" from the dropdown menu.
Click here to continue to next article Downloading Projects