Available for: Standard, Pro, Admin, Owner
On Swivl Teams, you can only trim out portions of a single video file (Screen Recorded projects, Dual- or Multi-Camera projects cannot be trimmed).
To trim a video, follow the steps:
1. In your Library, click on the video you want to trim, click on the 'Edit Video' option from the dropdown menu.
2. Click on the 'Trim' button to enable the feature.
Drag the white sliders to select the area you need and click on 'Apply trim' (The yellow part of the video between the sliders will be kept):
3. Save the trimmed video to your Library.
The original video file will remain in your Swivl Teams Library. Trimming saves a new video file that does not impact the original video.
To edit a midsection of the video, you can use the 'Cut' feature.
1. In you Library, click on the video you want to cut, click on the 'Edit video' option from the dropdown menu.
2. Click on the 'Cut' button to enable the feature.
Move the sliders to choose the section you need to cut out of the project (The red part will be removed);
3. Save the edited video to your Library.
The original video file will remain in your Swivl Teams Library. Cutting saves a new video file that does not impact the original video.
By selecting a thumbnail you can choose how your video appears to others when it is shared. To do it, follow the steps below:
1. Make sure to trim/cut your project before selecting a video thumbnail.
2. Open the project you where you need to change a thumbnail and click on the 'Edit' button.
3. Select "Edit Video" from the dropdown menu.
You can edit title and description of the video in your Swivl Teams Library:
1. Select the three dots in the top right-hand corner of the video thumbnail at cloud.swivl.com/library.
2. Click on the "Edit" button
3. Edit the title, description, and tags (if applicable)*
*Only Swivl Team members have the ability to apply video tags. See your Swivl Team Administrator for more details.
Available for: Pro, Admin, Owner
If you have two or three recorded video clips for one lesson or activity and would like to merge them into one single project, follow the steps below:
1. Select two or three video projects using the checkbox at the top right-hand corner of the videos you wish to merge.
2. Click the 'Merge' button
3. Enter Title and Description in the Merge pop-up and click the 'Save' button
Merging videos are great for capturing a highlight reel of video clips but there are some limitations in the types of video files that can be merged together so please refer to the guide below. Remember that you will always retain the original video files in your Swivl Teams library so if you make an error you can attempt a new merge.
Single-camera videos: (recorded with one device) that originated within the Teams app
Single video files (recorded with one device) that originated elsewhere and uploaded via Swivl Teams video upload tool
Multi-camera videos: *only the primary device's video* that originated within the Teams app will be included in the newly merged project. Additional camera video files: C2, C3, C4, C5 will remain attached to the original MC project.
Multi-marker videos: depending on the configuration of original videos, the final merged project may either have a multi-marker or a mixed audio track. Typically, if all merged videos were multi-marker type projects and had an identical number of audio channels, the final merged projects will result in a multi-marker project. Otherwise, the final merged projects will have mixed audio.
Speech Analysis: unfortunately, for Swivl Team members, projects with Speech analysis data will not be carried over to the final project, even if Multi-Marker videos were merged successfully. The analytics will remain with the original file.
Retain HD quality: unfortunately, any merger between HD videos with SD videos result in SD final video
Click here to continue to the next article - Sharing Videos on Swivl Teams