For the best experience and performance of the Swivl Robot, you will need to update its firmware from time to time as well as the software to the Swivl app. You can find the most up-to-date versions of the Swivl app for iOS here and for Android here.
You will be alerted that a new software or firmware update is available within the Swivl app from time to time as indicated by the screen shot below. The installation of the update should typically only take a couple of minutes.
Follow these steps to update the firmware of your Swivl robot, Swivl app, or the markers:
- Set up your C Series Swivl Robot.
- If there is a firmware update, a notification gets displayed in the Swivl app. Confirm to update and follow on screen recommendations
- If you've selected Skip, restart your Swivl app to see the update notifications again OR tap red icon next to Swivl Firmware version in Swivl app Settings
UPDATING MARKER FIRMWARE
- Pair the marker to the base and turn it on.
- If there is an update, it will start updating immediately the next time that the marker is docked to the Swivl base.
- Once the update is complete, turn the marker back on.