*see all possible setup options for your live streaming here
Available for: Standard, Pro, Admin, Owner, C-Series Robot, CX Robot
During Standalone Setup, you will hear remote student voices through
AC-powered speakers attached to Swivl Robot.
For your convenience, we created a printable Step by Step Audio Setup Guide to help you with the right setup and steps - print the pages you need!
We recommend that your students follow best practices for audio participation during the live stream. Following these guidelines will increase the clarity and volume of remote student audio during a live stream session.
Click here for Android + Zoom/Microsoft Teams/Google Meet*
MS Teams and Google Meet can be used in Standalone Setup with any Swivl-compatible Android device.
Zoom can be used in the Standalone Setup only with Samsung Tab S5e, Samsung Tab S6, or Lenovo M10.
The Standalone setup requires the following tools - see Recommendations for Add-on Accessories and Hardware
3.5mm to USB adapter to connect to Swivl Robot
AC Powered Speakers
Android + Zoom/MS Teams/Google Meet Standalone Setup
1. Install the Teams by Swivl app on your mobile device
2. Install Zoom, MS Teams, or Google Meet.
Please note: *The only Android devices that will support all three streaming apps listed here and work with mobile charging are Samsung Tab S5e and Samsung Tab S6. Lenovo M10 is also compatible, but cannot use the mobile charging feature. If you have a different Android tablet, Zoom will not be compatible and you will need to use the Integrated Audio Setup.
3. Connect your Swivl Robot and the Markers to your mobile device. When prompted, tap "Allow" to allow access to Robot.
4. Open Teams by Swivl and proceed to Settings. Tap on Base port configuration and select To Speakers.
5. Plug your speakers and the adapter into the USB port on your Swivl Robot. Turn on the speakers and raise the volume.
After the speakers are successfully connected, you will see the Speakers icon appeared on the Home Screen:
6. Go to Teams app, on the Home Screen, choose the preferable Live Streaming app in the Stream section.
- Select Zoom, MS Teams, or Google Meet. (Zoom will only work with the three Android devices listed above.)
- Start Live Stream Session.
Google Meet example
6. Enable Microphone and Video on your live stream app.
MS Teams: Tap on the camera and microphone icons:
Google Meet: Enable microphone and camera:
Volume Control: Adjust the speaker volume to max. Next, click on the directional arrow “up” on Primary Marker until you have achieved maximum volume.
Headset Option: The teacher can connect the headset (earbuds+microphone) to the Primary Marker. You will hear participant audio from both the headset and the AC-powered speakers.
If you have any issues with audio, please confirm that your Swivl Robot settings are:
Hybrid Learning = > Base port configuration = > Automatic or Speakers
Advanced Settings = > Audio configuration = > Live Streaming
You can record meetings in the mobile app. See more details in Is a Live Stream session automatically recorded?
*The only Android devices that will support all three streaming apps listed in Standalone Setup and work with mobile charging are Samsung Tab S5e and Samsung Tab S6. Lenovo M10 is also compatible, but cannot use the mobile charging feature. Other Samsung tablets do not support Standalone Setup. If you have another Android tablet and want to use Zoom, please refer to our setup guide for Integrated Audio Setup.