The in-app Swivl Settings control the functioning of the Swivl Robot, as well as the functionality of the app. Click to jump to a section:
- The profile tab includes information about the Swivl account currently open on the device. Here one can check the name, the team name, and the email address. Please pay attention to this information if you are using a shared device, to make sure you will record a video in your account.
- Account type: Displays the type of account you have
- Sign out after 24 hours: By enabling this option, one can be automatically signed out from the account after 24 hours since the last visit.
- Go to my account on web: allows switching to Swivl Teams directly from the app
- Sign out: sign out from the account.
- Mobile Application: Displays the version of the Swivl app you are running.
- Swivl Base Firmware: Displays the firmware version of the Swivl robot you are running. If the robot is not connected, there will be no version displayed.
(Only appears if mobile device is connected to the robot and the robot is on.)
- Base port configuration: By default keep Automatic. Displays the version of the Swivl app you are running. It is mostly used for Live streaming setups. If any setup issues, select To computer if connecting a USB A cable for Integrated Audio setup; use To Speakers if connecting speakers for Standalone setup or using Swivl Link for Integrated Audio Setup. If you are not doing any live streaming and simply recording with your Swivl app and need classroom amplification for the Primary marker, select To speakers.
- Audio configuration: Displays your current audio configuration.
- Show Live Streaming Apps: Toggle on to display on the Capture Screen any live streaming apps that you have downloaded onto your device.
- Swivl Link: Displays the status of the Swivl link connection: Not Connected/Wireless connection/Wirelessly connected/Microphone only
- Video quality: Click on this to change the recording video quality. Swivl Teams has unlimited storage, so always choose "auto-delete" when recording in HD to remove the video from your device's storage.
- Max recording time: Displays how much time is available to record a session. This is always dependent on your device's internal storage limits.
- Enable or disable Auto-uploading and Storage Saver. Auto-uploading means that all the videos recorded are automatically uploaded to your Swivl Teams Account. Storage Saver means that after being uploaded, the videos are deleted from the device and thus do not take up space.
- Upload over cellular: uses your device's data network if applicable. Does not require wifi to upload your video projects to Swivl Teams.
CAPTURE SCREEN BUTTONS
- Add slides: Add this quick-access button to your capture screen so you can easily add slides to your presentation.
- Countdown timer: Add this quick-access button to your capture screen to display a countdown timer.
- Flip Camera: Add this quick-access button to your capture screen to easily decide whether you want to record with the front- or back-facing camera.
- Back button: enabling this feature allows you to go a step back in the Swivl app (e.g. Advanced settings - Settings).
- Region of Swivl Usage: This setting allows you to adjust which region you are in while using Swivl. We recommend using the Automatic option.
- Tracking-pan: Manually enable or disable tracking from here.
- Tracking-Tilt: When this is enabled (green), the Swivl Robot will track the Marker vertically, adjusting the angle up and down to keep the Marker centered in the video.
- Base battery health: Displays the battery charge on your Swivl robot
- Marker Center Button: This setting allows you to choose an action for the Center Button of the Marker. To see a full description of the options and their functions, see the article on Marker Features.
- Audio Route: Displays how the audio is being transmitted (Swivl Marker or Built in Mic).
- Maximize markers sensitivity: When you launch a streaming app like Zoom from the Home Screen, we’ll configure the Markers so that their microphones are at maximum gain levels. This is useful in situations where the Markers are placed far away from people but you still want to pick up the audio. Toggle this setting on and off here.
- Marker Battery Health: Displays battery life for markers that are turned on.
- All: here you can find all the projects that were recorded with Swivl on this device
- Videos: displays all the videos that were recorded with the Swivl app on this device whether or not they are stored locally.
- Slides: contains slides that were imported in advance from Swivl Teams