Available for: Standard, Pro, Admin, Owner, C-Series Robot, CX Robot
During Traditional Setup, you will hear remote student voices through
earbuds attached to the Primary Marker. Sound will come through the right earbud only. You will not be able to hear remote student audio through tablet speakers.
For your convenience, we created a printable Step by Step Audio Setup Guide to help you with the right setup and steps - print the pages you need!
We recommend that your remote students follow
best practices for audio participation during live stream. Following these guidelines will increase the clarity and volume of remote student audio during a live stream session.
The Swivl Traditional Setup will work for the following setups:
Android + Zoom*/Microsoft Teams/Google Meet
- Zoom, MS Teams and Google Meet can be used in Traditional Setup with Samsung Tab S5e, Samsung Tab S6, or Lenovo M10.
This setup requires the following:
Swivl Robot and Android tablet
Android + Zoom*/MS Teams/Google Meet Setup
First Time Setup: Install the Swivl app, along with your selected live stream app.
First Time Setup: In Swivl app settings, Go to the Hybrid Learning section and toggle on "Show Live Streaming Apps."
Make sure your Swivl Robot firmware is up to date. Your app should notify you if you need a firmware update. Select "Update" to accept the firmware update.
You can always check your firmware version in your Swivl app settings. Refer to instructions here to update your firmware manually.
Live Stream Setup Steps
1. Connect your Android device to your Swivl robot and turn on the robot.
2. When prompted, click "ok" to allow robot access.
3. Open Swivl app and turn on your marker(s).
4. Plug your earphones into the 3.5mm headphone jack on the Primary Marker. The Primary Marker is the teacher's marker. Wear only the right earbud so you can hear remote students. (Tip: You can adjust the volume of the earphones by using the Primary Marker's "up" and "down" directional arrows. More marker features here.)
5. Open Capture Screen and tap on Live Stream icon
6. Select either Zoom*, Google Meet, or Microsoft Teams
7. Once you are logged into your live stream app, start a new session or meeting.
Enable the audio with the following steps:
Zoom - When prompted to join audio, tap "Call Using Internet Audio"
- Zoom can only be used in the Traditional Setup with Samsung Tab S5e, Samsung Tab S6, or Lenovo M10.
MS Teams - Tap the mic icon and camera icon to enable audio and video.
Google Meet - Tap the mic icon to enable audio.
You have achieved Traditional Setup using the Swivl robot and mobile device. The teacher can hear remote students through a headset (earbuds+microphone) connected to the primary marker.
*Audio will only come through the right earbud. You will not be able to hear audio through tablet speakers.
See general information about Swivl Live support in Swivl Audio Setup for Live Streaming