Teams Web FAQ section relates to any issues you might have at cloud.swivl.com
If deleted by the video owner, we are usually able to recover deleted content on Swivl Teams within 30 days of its deletion. If you need something recovered, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a support ticket and provide the following info:
1. Your Swivl account info (email)
2. Name/Title of the file/project to recover
3. Approximate date of its deletion
4. Length of the video
We will notify you when it is recovered.
Click to to read about Retrieving a video deleted by mistake from the mobile device
If you are a Team member, you need to contact your Team Admin as Sharing options are customized for each Team individually by its Team Admins. As an example, in the GIF below you can see that Sending a Copy and Embedding features are turned off for the Team:
If you have any further questions, send us an email at email@example.com
No, Teams Web does not have direct integration with Canvas; however, there are some compatibilities between our two platforms.
When you are signed into Teams in your browser and open up Canvas in a nearby tab, you can actually copy and paste Swivl Teams unlisted weblinks onto a Canvas page. The Swivl player will be shown to the Canvas user as long as they are still signed into Swivl in the same browser window. You will even be able to comment on the video and use the Rubrics.
Other options in terms of recording, and live streaming we have to offer at this point are as follows:
- Capturing Content with Video: Screencasting and Webcasting (you can download the Teams + Desktop app here: https://www.swivl.com/downloads/ or record a video in your Teams account on web: https://cloud.swivl.com ).
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss in detail your workflows and setup steps.
This section might be helpful if you notice the following issues during the video playback:
- The video is freezing when you click on the Play/Pause button, switch between markers or jump to another time;
- You get an error message “The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported”;
- The video keeps buffering on an attempt to trim it.
In this case please try to perform the following steps:
1. Use a laptop, not a mobile device, and make sure you have a very good Wi-fi connection
2. Restart your web browser
3. Connect the computer to another Wi-fi network
4. If it is a Multi-Marker video please turn off the Auto-audio mode:
5. If nothing helps, it could be an anti-virus software on your computer blocking the video so turn it off (including built-in Windows defender) and see if this helps.
6. Multi-Marker project: for all markers playback any browser works fine. If switching between the tracks we recommend Safari, IE, and Edge for the best experience while Chrome and Firefox may need page refreshing and cause pauses.
All legacy Lists were removed from Teams as of June 7, 2021. The Share to Lists feature was formally retired in January 2020, rendering all Lists read-only at that time.
Any projects that you previously shared via Lists are still available in your recipients’ Feeds and are located in the same position in Feed from when they were originally shared. (A user’s Feed is organized by date shared, descending order).
If you wish to make any of your videos that were previously shared via List (or any Sharing method for that matter) private, go to the Sharing menu tab on the project page and select “Make Private”
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Product Experts at email@example.com.
Click here to continue to the next article - Sharing Videos
We’re doubling down on our commitment to privacy because we believe student and educator’s content does not belong to social networks, especially those that mine your personal data for ad revenue and profit. Starting from September 27, 2019, Swivl discontinued the Export to YouTube feature.
You can still download your videos from Swivl and upload them to whatever platform desired; we’re simply making it less convenient to do so in our effort to protect every educator and student while using Swivl.
Learn more about our decision and how YouTube violated COPPA Law:
- Available for a Team only
Omit the insignificant sections of your videos, such as periods of extended silence. Watch videos in half the time with intelligent playback. For Team users, we enabled a machine learning algorithm that intelligently and securely analyzes the video in your project to optimize what you see and hear in your classroom.
– If you are only a Standard user, you can't enable Smart Playback on your own videos but don't fret! If a Team user shares a video with you that is over 10 minutes long, you will also be able to utilize Smart Playback mode on the shared video.
If you would like to enable/disable the default option for Smart Playback on videos over 10 minutes long, go to your Account Profile, click Settings tab and scroll down to the notifications section:
Toggle the auto-enable Smart Playback to OFF and you'll be all set. You will still be able to manually select Smart Playback on all videos uploaded over 10 minutes long in the playback bar as shown in our instructional video above.
- You can upload additional materials or links to additional materials to the recorded video. To do that, open "Library" tab, select the video, and click on the three dots in the top right corner.
Click on "Edit project info" and scroll down.
You can always remove the materials by clicking on the "Bin" icon in case you no longer need them.
You can disable the following kinds of email notifications: service news and updates, lead-up notifications, and the new comments digest. To do this, follow these steps:
1. In a browser, go to cloud.swivl.com and log into your Swivl account.
2. In the top right corner, click on your initials.
3. Click on "Profile" in the drop-down menu.
4. On your account information page, click on Settings. You will see the two kinds of notifications with switches where you can toggle them to Yes or No.
5. You can leave both on, turn both off, or choose to only receive one kind of notification.
If you forgot the password to your Swivl account, you can reset it:
- In a browser, go to cloud.swivl.com
- Under the login box click the link that says “Forgot password?”:
3. Input the email address you used when you set up your account, and click “Reset Password”:
4. You will receive an email containing a link that you can click to enter a new password:
You can only request a password reset once every 15 minutes. If you do not initially see the email in your inbox, you may need to check your Promotions folder, or check to see if Swivl is being blocked by your school or district email provider.
If you are unable to get the email, and have checked your Junk, Spam, or Promotions folders, let us know in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a link to change your password.
In order to complete the signup process for Swivl or to reset your Swivl password, you do need to verify your email account. This is done by clicking the link in an email you should receive shortly after signing up.
If you are not receiving the email to activate your account or change your password, first check your Spam or Junk folder in your email client for the message.
If the email is not in one of those folders, your school or district email server may be filtering out Swivl’s emails. In order to receive them and activate your account, you will need to provide the following email addresses to your IT/Network Department to be whitelisted.
Email addresses to whitelist:
Need more help? Email us at email@example.com
Remain Calm: Nothing will happen to your videos!
Here are circumstances when you find you have been downgraded:
- You paid for an annual Team license and you decided not to renew. Once the license ends, your Team expires and you become a Free individual user.
- You were part of a Swivl Team and your Owner or Admin removed you from the Team.
- You completed our free 30-days Team trial so you revert back to being a Free individual user.
More details about what happens to your stuff when you are downgraded:
- Any videos that you have shared with others via Direct Share or Share to Groups will still be available for your recipients to view in their Feed or in their Groups.
- Any videos that have been shared with you via Direct Share or Share to Groups will still be available in your feed to view and make comments, provided that the Owner of the video is still Pro.
- Any videos that you have Sent a Copy of to other users' libraries will still be available to those users.
- Exception: Any videos that you have Embedded, will not be available to view in the hosted location where you embedded them.
If you are not in a Team anymore, you will lose access to those capabilities designated for Team shown in our feature chart here.
*NOTE: Team Members CANNOT be removed from an active Team without contacting you for authorization. Team Owners and Admins are solely responsible for authorizing changes to Team Membership.
- Don’t worry, you’re not losing access to any features - in fact, you have gained features!
We have made some changes to account types and now a previously called Pro account has been upgraded to Team. It enables you to enjoy the most of what Teams by Swivl has to offer for video self-reflection, collaboration, and coaching, and to simplify your experience. You can read more about the features available for you here.
Click here to continue to the next article - Capturing Content with Video: Webcasting and Screencasting
|This article answers my question.|