If you notice one of these symptoms that probably means the robot is not successfully connected to your mobile device:
- the lights on the base are solid or blinking red;
- the marker is not recording sound;
- the robot turns off in a few minutes;
- the robot stops tracking marker.
In this case please follow the steps below:
1. Check the iOS version of your device and if it is older than 9.3.5 please update it. For Android devices the version of Android should be 6+ when released.
2. Check the app version in the Swivl app Settings and update it to the latest version 7.5.1 (for iOS) or 5.0.3 (for Android) if necessary:
For iOS app:
For Android app:
3. Plug in the robot to the wall charger and perform a Hard reset: press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds until both lights flash orange.
4. Reconnect the robot to your mobile device via white micro-USB to lightning cable (for iOS devices) or black micro-USB to micro-USB cable (for Android devices).
Please see the following articles for more details:
After that please go to the Swivl app Settings menu and check the Setup status as shown below:
- Setup status OK - means your device is successfully connected to the Swivl robot and the Primary Marker is connected.
- No Swivl Connection - means your mobile device is not connected to the Swivl robot. In this case please connect via white lightning cable for iOS or black micro-USB to micro-USB Android cable (for Android). If possible, please try to use another cable.
- No Markers Detected or No Primary Marker- if your device is connected but the Primary marker is not connected. In this case please turn on the Primary marker.