If you notice one of these symptoms that probably means the robot is not successfully connected to your mobile device:
- the lights on the base are solid or blinking red;
- the marker is not recording sound;
- the robot turns off in a few minutes;
- the robot stops tracking marker.
In this case please follow the steps below:
1. Check the iOS version of your device and if it is older than 9.3.5 please update it. For Android devices the version of Android should be 6+ when released.
2. Check the app version in the Swivl app Settings and update it to the latest version 7.6.1 (for iOS) or 5.0.4 (for Android) if necessary:
For iOS app:
For Android app:
3. Plug in the robot to the wall charger and perform a Hard reset: press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds until both lights flash orange.
4. Reconnect the robot to your mobile device via white micro-USB to lightning cable (for iOS devices) or black micro-USB to micro-USB cable (for Android devices).
Please see the following articles for more details:
After that please go to the Swivl app Settings menu and check the Setup status as shown below:
- Setup status OK - means your device is successfully connected to the Swivl robot and the Primary Marker is connected.
- No Swivl Connection - means your mobile device is not connected to the Swivl robot. In this case please connect via white lightning cable for iOS or black micro-USB to micro-USB Android cable (for Android). If possible, please try to use another cable.
- No Markers Detected or No Primary Marker- if your device is connected but the Primary marker is not connected. In this case please turn on the Primary marker.
If the Setup Status is OK, but you still do not have the sound, please make sure that the volume of the markers on the capture screen is adjusted.