For iOS compatibility see C Series and iOS Compatibility
2. Use devices running Android 8 or 9 or 10. In general we find that most Android devices with Android 6.x, 7.x, 8.x or 9.x OS when released work correctly, and also half of the devices we have tested with Android 5.x do not work correctly so please check with us first if you have questions. We only recommend using Samsung Tab S5e or Samsung Tab S6.
3. Use of the Swivl micro USB to micro USB cable that comes with your Swivl kit - make sure to inform your Account Manager that you plan to use Android device.
4. For Type C Android devices you will need a special USB Type C adapter with OTG support to ensure full data transmission to/from robot.
If it is not included into your older Swivl kit, our online store offers a compatible adapter we have already tested:
Android Swivl app has a couple of limitations if compared to iOS Swivl app as for today:
- there is no option to save your video to the app gallery (video will still be accessible in file explorer)
- Tilt Correction setting is not available for Android so far
- Android app has no in-app option to Set secondary marker as Primary
- Android app has no Pause recording feature
- sharing options directly from the mobile Android Swivl app are not available currently - this is currently in progress!
Please take note of the Samsung tablet limitation:
We only recommend using Samsung Tab S5e or Samsung Tab S6 for all three live stream audio setups.