Compatible Android Devices:
The following is a short list of Android devices that we have tested and found to be compatible with C Series:
LG: Nexus 5
Motorola: Nexus 6, Nexus 7
Samsung: Galaxy S9, S8, S7, S6, S5, A5, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2017)
Xiaomi: Redmi Note 3
Lenovo: Vibe P1ma40 and Yoga Tablet 2-830L
Xiaomi: HM Note 1LTEW
In general we found that most Android devices with Android 6.x, 7.x, or 8.x OS when released work correctly, while half of devices with Android 5.x do not work correctly.
- Android devices require the use of the Swivl micro USB to micro USB cable that comes with your Swivl kit - make sure to inform your account manager that you plan to use Android device
- For Type C Android devices you will need a special USB Type C adapter with OTG support to ensure full data transmission to/from robot. For your convenience, our online store offers a compatible adapter we have already tested
- Android works optimally with all Swivl C-Series robots; most C3 and C5 users will be able to isolate the primary audio track from the other audio tracks. However, for some C3 and C5 users, the audio tracks will be merged together with the primary track. Therefore, some Android users will not be able to isolate specific audio tracks when they play back videos on Swivl cloud. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Other features not available for Android users: no option to save video to app gallery (video is still accessible in file explorer) and no tilt correction option
- Pixel 2&3 (our engineers are currently working on finding a solution for this)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab E
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S