Swivl uses lithium polymer/ion batteries and if proper care is taken, they can last upwards of 4 years depending on usage. The most common reason why a Swivl may not hold charge is if it has been stored without use for more than 9 months. Any device with lithium batteries experiences this issue if they have been on the shelf for extended periods of time without being charged. To prolong the life of your Swivl, please follow the recommendations listed below:
Best practices for prolonging long-term battery health of Swivl
1. Always charge the batteries of both the base and markers completely before using them for the first time.
2. If you are using your Swivl frequently, have the charging cable connected whenever possible. It is not necessary to charge and discharge your Swivl often if they are being used frequently. In fact, the batteries last longer if they are not subjected to frequent charge/discharge cycles.
3. Before storing your Swivl for extended periods of time, dock the marker in the base and make sure they are both charged to 100%. Store the Swivl with the marker docked in the base. If you have additional markers, make sure they are also charged to 100% before storing them for extended periods.
4. Take the Swivl out of storage at least once every 3 to 6 months and charge it back to 100%. The batteries slowly lose charge over time even if the device is turned off and can become unusable if the batteries are left completely to die.
5. Never let the batteries on the base or the marker run out of battery completely. This significantly shortens the life of the batteries. Always pay attention to the low battery indicator and plug in the Swivl for charging as soon as you see the low battery indication.
The older Gen2 robots were discontinued in July of 2016, but we continue to make our best effort to support your usage with Gen2. The Gen2 was replaced by the C-series robot that has many advantages that were requested by our Gen2 customers. We also provide a trade-in program for customers that want to trade-in and replace the old robots. We have provided a significant discount for replacing the older systems regardless of whether the older robots are functioning or not. Please contact us for more details and check out our current promotions: