If you have two or even three recorded videos for one lesson or activity and would like to merge them into one single project, follow the steps below:
- Select two or three video projects using the checkbox at the top right-hand corner of the videos you wish to merge.
- Click the Merge button
- Enter Title in the Merge pop-up and click Save button
Originally, the Merge feature was designed for cases where recording was stopped by mistake during recording and resumed after a pause as a continuation of the original recording
So far, we have found that the Merge feature works best for the following scenarios when recording was interrupted:
- regular videos recorded with the Swivl app
- multi-camera projects: please note that only the primary video (the video recorded with the traditional Swivl app) will be kept in the newly merged video
- multi-marker projects: depending on the configuration of original videos, the final merged project may either have multi-marker or a mixed audio. Generally speaking if all merged videos are multi-marker type projects and have identical number of audio channels, the final merged projects will result in a multi-marker project. Otherwise the final merged projects will have mixed audio.
Merge feature has also been successfully tested for videos uploaded from outside Swivl's app, i.e. when you upload a mp4 video file from your computer. The more identical configuration of input videos is, the better comes the output merged project result.
Please note that while merge is a feature available for all users:
- for team users: so far, merged projects will not carry over the original speech analytics from multiple microphones;
- for all users: if you merge HD and SD, your merged video will be in SD