Available for: Standard, Pro, Admin, Owner
Looking for the Android article? Click here
Swivl you can now stream real-time video with a colleague or coach, or even broadcast to the world. See general information about Swivl Live support in Live Stream using Swivl Distance Audio
This article includes setup steps for both parties of your e-conference using your Swivl robot with Zoom app on your iOS mobile device.
Here is a typical Live Streaming scenario:
Participant A is a Swivl user who has arranged a live stream session. Participant A is wearing earbuds connected to the primary marker or has connected a usb speaker to the Swivl base in order to hear remote participant(s) joining through Zoom; for this scenario, we'll call remote participants Participant B. See detailed setup instructions for Participants A and B below.
1. Install Swivl app on your mobile device
2. Install Zoom app on your mobile device
3. Connect your C Series and marker with your mobile device
4. Open Swivl app Settings and enable Swivl Live with Zoom button in your Capture Screen Action Bar
5. Next, return to the Capture Screen and tap Zoom icon
6. You will be redirected to the Zoom app to start or join session. Swivl app will remain running in the background.
7. On Zoom's app, confirm "Call using Internet Audio"
Now Participant B can hear as you speak into your Primary and Secondary Markers and you are ready to start broadcasting.
8. For one on one conversations with Participant B, connect a headset to your Primary marker.
9. For group conversations with Participant B, you'll need to connect speakers to your Swivl base (see more details about hearing distant participants in this article How do I hear distant participants during Live Streaming?)
If you have a paid Zoom membership, you can record meetings in the mobile app. See more details in Is a Live Stream session automatically recorded?
Zoom is currently the only streaming app which supports the use of auxiliary speakers (as shown below) with Swivl.
Swivl with a compatible mobile device and USB speakers
If you wish to use in your Swivl Live setup a PC/laptop/Smartboard see our instructions for Integrated Configuration. We support all live streaming apps in Integrated Configuration and recommend the latter when apps other than Zoom are required.
1) Install the Zoom app on your mobile device or laptop
2) Join Zoom session using the code shared to you
Otherwise, if you are the Host, start the Meeting and share the code with Participant A and any others joining the call.
3) Select your audio preference by Computer or Phone.
4) Done! Enjoy your Swivling with Zoom!
Note: the Swivl app must always be opened first and it must remain running in the background.
See this helpful step-by-step video by Hamlet Li, Technology Coach at Hong Kong International School - HKIS has been using Swivl for Distance Learning since late 2019. You can learn more about their journey with Swivl and other best practices from them here.
Do you want to record your Live Stream session? Click here to find out How to record and upload live-streamed sessions to Swivl Teams
If you have any Zoom specific questions, reference the Zoom Support Website