Swivl+ is a simple desktop app for your computer that records what’s on your screen, like powerpoint slides, videos, or your lesson activity. At the same time your Swivl robot continues to follow you and will record both you and your screen. It will even record the audio from your computer’s speakers. After recording, both videos upload to your Swivl Teams account automatically.
Screencasting works best when you:
- Show videos as part of your presentation
- Use on-screen tools and software to aid math or science curriculum
- Present slides with audio or animations
- Demonstrate best practices for PD sessions
- Or anytime you want to produce a high-quality presentation!
Capture the presenter and their laptop/desktop screen at the same time
- First place the screencast button on your capture screen for easy access. Find this in your app settings.
- When the screencast button is present, you can tap it and it will generate a pin code.
- Open the Swivl+ app for desktop.* Download it for your Mac or Windows here. Enter the pin code you generated in the mobile device.
- Choose your preferences for Screen and Audio collection using the desktop client.
- Now, using the Swivl app on your mobile device, start your recording as usual, using the Primary Marker or by tapping the record button on screen.
- When the recording has ended, both videos (your Swivl video and the screencast of your desktop) will upload to Swivl Teams simultaneously, as per your selected upload settings (we recommend Auto-Upload).
View your video as a side-by-side dual-camera project in your account on cloud.swivl.com.
- From here, you can select the audio track you want to hear (either the Primary Marker or the audio from your desktop) and you can maximize your camera view to focus on one particular video over the other.
*If you are on a Mac and your security settings block you from opening the app, go to "System Preferences" then "Security & Privacy" to allow the app to launch.