Available for: Standard, Pro, Admin, Owner
On Swivl Teams, you can only trim out portions of a single video file (Screen Recorded projects, Dual- or Multi-Camera projects cannot be trimmed).
To trim a video, follow the steps:
1. In your Library, click on the video you want to trim, click on the 'Edit' button in the top right corner and select 'Edit Video' from the dropdown menu.
2. Click on the 'Trim' button to enable the feature.
Drag the white sliders to select the area you need and click on 'Apply trim' (The yellow part of the video between the sliders will be kept):
3. Save the trimmed video to your Library.
The original video file will remain in your Swivl Teams Library. Trimming saves a new video file that does not impact the original video.
To edit a midsection of the video, you can use the 'Cut' feature.
1. Click on the 'Edit Video' button to enable it;
2. Move the sliders to choose the section you need to cut out of the project (The red part will be removed);
3. Save the edited video to your Library.
The original video file will remain in your Swivl Teams Library. Cutting saves a new video file that does not impact the original video.
By selecting a thumbnail you can choose how your video appears to others when it is shared. To do it, follow the steps below:
1. Make sure to trim/cut your project before selecting a video thumbnail.
2. Open the project you where you need to change a thumbnail and click on the 'Edit' button.
3. Select "Edit Video" from the dropdown menu.
In your Swivl Teams Library, you can edit title and description in one of two ways:
Option 1 - On the video project page (this applies to all types of projects)
1. Open your project and click on the pencil icon next to the title to Edit Title.
2. Press the Enter button to save the new title.
3. Click on the icon under the project to add Description and video tags
Option 2 - On the video thumbnail in your Library (this applies to all projects except for Multi-Camera, Screencast projects)
1. Select the three dots in the top right-hand corner of the video thumbnail
2. Click on the "Edit" button
3. Edit the title, description, and tags (if applicable)*
*Only Swivl Team members have the ability to apply video tags. See your Swivl Team Administrator for more details.
Click here to continue to the next article - Sharing Videos on Swivl Teams