The Swivl Robot is an innovative video capture system that allows teachers to record video of lessons, teaching materials for a flipped classroom, and teacher or student observations.
You can also connect with remote students during hybrid and distance learning. The robot tracks the teacher and captures the teacher’s voice during a live streaming session. The teacher can hear remote students through a variety of audio setups.
**If you're not a direct user of Swivl, but are managing a Swivl deployment or you are the owner of a Swivl Team, Access our Swivl Toolkit**
Basically, Swivl can be used for:
1) recording using the Swivl app
2) live streaming by means of a third party live streaming app
Quick Setup Video: Ensuring Successful Robot to Mobile Device Connection
CX Robot Guide as of January 2021:
C Series Guide as of August 2019: Download
Quick Start Guide for C-Series Robot: Download
The Swivl solution consists of three elements:
- Swivl robot&marker = hardware
- Swivl app = software for iOS and Android mobile devices
- Swivl Teams = web-based storage and collaboration at cloud.swivl.com
To start capturing video with Swivl:
- Create a Swivl Teams account at cloud.swivl.com/register or sign up on the mobile app (step 2)
- Install the Swivl app on the mobile device which you are going to use with Swivl robot to record videos. Compatible with iOS devices or Android devices.
- Connect your Swivl robot to your mobile device, launch Swivl app and start recording videos. See our Swivl Set Up Guide
Where to go from here:
- Pair additional markers
- Discover the features of your marker
- Learn to capture video with the Swivl app
- Watch more video tutorials for the basics
The C Series Robot looks similar to our older Gen2 Robot, but can do a whole lot more! This article refers only to setting up the C Series robot, but if you have a Gen2 robot, click here for setup instructions.
If you're not sure, check: Which robot do I have?