Click this article to check C-Series Robot & Swivl App Settings -
The in-app Swivl Settings control the functioning of the Swivl Robot, as well as the functionality of the app. Here is a list of all settings, along with the functions they control.
Click to see detailed description for:
- The profile tab includes information about the Swivl account currently open on the device. Here one can check the name, the team name, and the email address. Please pay attention to this information if you are using a shared device, to make sure you will record a video in your account.
- Account type: Displays the type of account you have
- Sign out after 24 hours: By enabling this option, one can be automatically signed out from the account after 24 hours since the last visit.
- Go to my account on web: allows switching to Swivl Teams directly from the app
- Sign out: sign out from the account
- Mobile Application: Displays the version of the Swivl app you are running.
- Swivl Robot: Only shows up if the robot is successfully connected
- Swivl Link: Only shows up if the Swivl Link is connected. Displays the firmware version of the Swivl Link of the Swivl robot.
Updates will be necessary from time to time when new features are released or bugs are fixed.
(only shows up if a compatible mobile device is successfully connected to the robot)
- Base port configuration: By default keep Automatic. Displays the version of the Swivl app you are running. It is mostly used for Live streaming setups. If any setup issues, select To computer if connecting a USB A cable for Integrated Audio setup; use To Speakers if connecting speakers for Standalone setup or using Swivl Link for Integrated Audio Setup. If you are not doing any live streaming and simply recording with your Swivl app and need classroom amplification for the Primary marker, select To speakers.
- Audio configuration: Select Live Streaming option if you would like to use Swivl for live streaming. Select Classroom Audio if you would like to record using the Swivl app. Swivl cannot be used for Recording with Swivl app and live streaming simultaneously.
- Show live streaming apps: Enables Live Stream button on the Swivl app Capture screen. We recommend always opening a live streaming app directly from the Swivl Capture screen.
- Link: Displays the status of the Swivl link connection: Not Connected/Wireless connection/Wirelessly connected/Microphone only
Base port configuration:
- Video quality: Choose HD or SD. SD is sufficient for everyday recording and takes less time to upload and less storage space on your device. Swivl Teams has unlimited storage, so always choose "auto-delete" when recording in HD to remove the video from your device's storage.
- Max recording time: Displays how much time is available to record a session. This is always dependent on your device's internal storage limits.
- Dim video while recording: On/Off switcher. If enabled, after you hit Record button the Capture screen will go black. It will record as usual but you will not be able to see anybody during the recording in your Swivl app. Remember to enable this feature if you notice that your students get distracted seeing themselves on the Swivl app during recording.
- Enable or disable Auto-uploading and Storage Saver. Auto-uploading means that all the videos recorded are automatically uploaded to your Swivl Teams Account. Storage Saver means that after being uploaded, the videos are deleted from the device and thus do not take space.
- Upload over cellular: uses your device's data network if applicable. Does not require wifi to upload your video projects to Swivl Teams.
CAPTURE SCREEN ACTION BAR
- Screencast: Add this quick-access button to your capture screen to display Screencast setup menu
- Multi-Camera: Add this quick-access button to your capture screen to display Multi-Camera setup menu
- Add presentation slides: Add this quick-access button to your capture screen so you can easily add slides to your presentation.
- Countdown timer: Add this quick-access button to your capture screen to display a countdown timer.
- Flip Camera: Add this quick-access button to your capture screen to easily decide whether you want to record with the front- or back-facing camera.
- Auto-Exposure: if enabled adjust exposure automatically
- Region of Swivl usage: allows selecting your region
- Multi-Marker Bookmarking: by default only the Primary marker can make bookmarks while recording. Enable this feature if you want all markers to make bookmarks.
Here is the tab where you can actually record a video.
At the left side, you can see options that were previously enabled in Settings.
1. The Maximum recording time available is displayed in hh:mm:ss format. It is determined by the resolution of the video and the available space on the device. You can modify the resolution of the video by going into the Settings and changing the Video quality from HD to SD.
2.By tapping the Robot icon, one can check connection status, markers, and adjust markers' sensitivity. If the mobile device has not been connected to the robot yet, you can find here brief setup instructions.
3. Link icon appears when Swivl link is connected to a laptop/PC in Wireless Connection mode. In Settings, the link status is wirelessly connected.
4. Tap this icon to start Multi-camera recording.
5. Tap this icon to do Screencasting.
6. Livestream -you will see live streaming apps installed on this device. If there are no livestreaming apps installed, you will all possible options.
7. Countdown timer.
8. Tap this icon to flip the camera.
9. Tap this icon to record video with slides.
10-11. Tap the record button to start and to stop recording.
12. Tap the "x" to go back to Settings.
- Tracking-pan: Manually enable or disable tracking from here.
- Tracking-Tilt: When this is enabled (green), the Swivl Robot will track the Marker vertically, adjusting the angle up and down to keep the Marker centered in the video.
- Tilt Correction (Experimental): Detects faces and adjusts the tilt automatically to ensure you remain in the frame. May consume additional battery life.
- Base battery health: Displays the battery charge on your Swivl robot
- Marker record button: Choose the function of the recording button on the side of the Primary marker. You can enable Pause by clicking on it:
- Marker Center Button action: This setting allows you to choose an action for the Center Button of the Marker. To see a full description of the options and their functions, see the article on Marker Features.
- Audio Route: Displays where audio is being routed from (your mobile device's internal microphone or the Swivl markers)
- Also displayed here are your markers when they are paired and turned on. The marker's firmware and battery status will be displayed here.
- Swivl.com/setup: lead you to our support site where you can find the information or contact support representatives
- Check network: quick test to check the network services
- Troubleshooting: here you can find some useful troubleshooting steps
+ Import: you can upload a video file from the Camera Roll on the device to your Swivl teams account.
- All: here you can find all the projects that were recorded with Swivl on this device
- Videos: displays all the videos that were recorded with the Swivl app on this device whether or not they are stored locally.
- Slides: contains slides that were imported in advance from Swivl Teams
Click to continue to the next article - Capturing video