Teams by Swivl is a web and app based video collaboration system that allows educators to create videos for professional development, flipped classrooms, and teacher or student observations. The platform offers secured sharing, video analysis tools such as time stamped commenting, video bookmarking, rubrics, and editing capabilities that help educators to build best practice video libraries.
Teams is an essential solution for coaching in schools and offers coaches and teachers the ability to edit, annotate, and analyze teacher videos for professional growth. Teams also comes with security, management, and data analysis features for Administrators such as: video and user access controls, content storage localization, and video metadata for download.
Teams consists of two major components:
- Teams by Swivl = web-based collaboration and coaching platform
- Teams by Swivl App = mobile application for iOS and Android devices
Teams on the Web:
Teams on Mobile:
Also available is the Teams+ App which allows you to incorporate students and presentation content into your coaching and observations.
- Teams+ for Desktop = record presentation content and video at the same time. Available for Mac and PC.
- Teams+ for Mobile = other mobile devices in your classroom should have this app installed to seamlessly join your multi-camera video observations. Available for iOS and Android.
Swivl+ Student Observation
Swivl+ Desktop: Screencasting
You can maximize your experience on the web and on the app with the Swivl CX- or C-Series robots (hardware) to capture 360° video of any classroom. Additionally, you can leverage Swivl markers (auxiliary microphones) to capture student audio from several places in the classroom. Learn more here.
Getting Started with Teams
- Create a Teams account at cloud.swivl.com/register or sign up on the Teams app.
- Install the Swivl App on the mobile device which you are going to use to record videos. If you are going to use the Teams app with your CX- or C-Series robot, double-check compatibility requirements for iOS or Android mobile devices.
- Go to the Capture menu on the Teams App (Home>>>Record) to begin capturing video.
- Your video will automatically upload to your Teams account on the web platform.